WELCOME! In the spirit of collaboration, let's have a "Blog Hop" and share one another's best posts about inclusion. If you have written a blog POST about inclusion in the home, school or community, please participate and let's learn from one another! WHAT IS A BLOG HOP ANYWAY?
1) What is a blog hop? A blog hop also called a link up is basically a widget, called a linky, that allows bloggers to add their blog to a list. The list can be on multiple sites or may just be on the site of the blogger hosting the hop.
2) What is the purpose of a blog hop? Blog hops allow you to visit other blogs, follow blogs you like, and gain followers.
3) How do I participate? It's easy, just follow the rules the host has left. Sometimes the host asks that you place the blog hop button on your site or in a post, others have no rules. You then add your blog to the list and then visit other blog from the list. When you find blogs you enjoy follow them and leave a comment.
4) Why should I leave a comment? Leaving a comment allows the blogger to know that you are now following them. However, there are a few rules of etiquette:
Don't spam bloggers
Don't ask bloggers to visit your site and follow you
Try to leave a sincere comment. Comment on the post or their blog in general and then let them know you are stopping by from the blog hop. No need to ask them to stop by your blog, if they are participating they already know how it works.
5) How long is a blog hop? Blog hops typically last one day although some may last an entire weekend and specialty blog hops may last a week or more.
6) How many blogs should I visit? As many as you would like. Visiting blogs through blog hops takes time so you may not get to everyone on the list, the great things is most blog hops are weekly events so you can stop back b next week.
Source: (From www.blogaholicnetwork.com)
BLOG HOP RULES for The Inclusive Class
1. To add your link, click the small blue button that says “Add your link” at the very bottom of the post. Please do not leave your link in the comment section of this post. 2. You must link to your blog postpermalink, not your blog URL. Keep in mind that readers will still be visiting this blog hop months from now and if they click your link and end up on your blog homepage, they won’t be able to find your post. To find your post’s permalink: After you publish your post, go back to your blog and click on the post’s title. Copy everything in the top browser bar. WRONG: http://www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com/ RIGHT: http://www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com/not-back-to-school-blog-hop-curriculum-week 3. Visit other blogs on the blog list and leave a meaningful comment. Follow their blog to build community and keep up on inclusion information. (Please note: If someone follows your blog, it is customary to follow them back.) 4. Share The Inclusive Class Blog Hop button to invite others to join in! Use the hashtag #BetterTogether! 5. Follow The Inclusive Class! We are also on Twitter, Pinterest and Facebook.