Saturday, October 17, 2015
6 Must-Have Supplies for the Classroom
Here are some supplies guaranteed to make your classroom inclusive! They are available from Lakeshore Learning and Target!
1. Colored Overlays - help lift words off the page for kids who struggle to read or have attention issues.
2. Number Lines - always handy for learning numbers, adding, subtracting, skip-counting and decimals.
3. Visual Timer - timers help kids manage their work and keep them on track. Helps with transitions as well!
4. Color Coded Bins/Folders - this can be used in many ways such as organizing folders, homework, and reading groups and differentiated instruction.
5. Games - games help bring kids together, learn and develop social skills. Keep a variety of board, card and dice games on hand!
6. Highlighters - very handy for making adaptations for students, focussing skills, learning and keeping organzied.